Crews from all five Paducah fire stations responded Wednesday night to a fire at Dudley Court Apartments, 801 McGuire Ave, according to the city of Paducah.
The call was issued at 9:33 p.m. regarding a fire in Building L. Crews were on the scene for three hours.
No one was injured, city officials said.
All eight apartments in the building were evacuated due to smoke damage, with three of the apartments receiving heavy damage from the fire. None of the apartments can be occupied until repaired.
At least 20 residents lived in those apartments, city officials said. The Western Kentucky Chapter of the American Red Cross is assisting those residents.
The Paducah Fire Prevention Division said the fire started due to an unattended pan of grease on a hot stove.
Check out these recently discussed stories and voice your opinion...